Sunday, April 18, 2010

Beauty and the Briefcase

So here goes nothing: I'm not an English major and a not so great writer so give me some credit.
So I'm sitting here watching the new ABC family movie Beauty and the Briefcase with Hilary Duff so it is making me think a lot about my future.
On a side note - I just love Hilary Duff, she's so cute and just a fun actress.
Through out the whole movie Lane, Hilary Duff's character, has a check list for 10 things she looks for in a guy. Some things are pretty cheesy like a guy with a sexy accent but some of the things were cute such as someone spontaneous and someone who randomly goes on exotic vacations.
Anyways, it really shows how some of those cheesy romantic movies out there can warp our brains into thinking that what we really want is a bunch of materialistic things when it comes to finding our "other half." I can't even remember all the times that I have thought about all the materialistic things I have always wanted in a guy. But when it comes right down to it, I don't want someone who just opens doors for me, I want someone more than that because I am worth more than that.
So after watching that movie, which I loved and think all of you should watch because it has a cute ending, it really makes me want to start a checklist of my own. But instead of listing a bunch of materialistic things I'm going to try and list some non-materialistic things as well.
Here goes nothing:

1 - I want a guy who believes in Jesus and lives for HIM. Without God in the center of our lives and in the center of our relationship then we would have nothing. And without God, there is nothing. Nothing to look forward to, nothing to live for.
2. I want someone who respects me for me. Someone who doesn't care what I look like rather I be dressed up or in sweats and a t-shirt. Someone who not only opens the door for me (yeah, kinda materialistic but its just one of those small things that mean a lot to me) but also respects my wishes and dreams.
3. Someone who doesn't care how much money I'm going to make when I am out of college and wants me to do something I love instead of having a degree and job that I hate.
4. I am wanting to be a Dietitian so I would love to find someone who believes in the same things I do. Someone who is willing to eat healthy and workout together and not someone who thinks it is just a load of crap like some people think.
5. And finally, for now, someone who is willing to wait. I am just now a freshman in college and I am no where near wanting to settle down and get married. I AM going to get a bachelors degree and possibly even go on to get my masters and I don't want to get married until I at least have my bachelors degree under my belt. I am a freshman and I already think some of my classes are pretty hard so I know I am going to be stressed out with school work for the next 3 to 4 years of my life and I don't want to have the stress of planning a wedding to work about as well.

Well those are my thoughts about that. I'm sure there is more but I am done for the night with that list. :-)

So church this morning was great! I help out with the preschoolers at my church every other Sunday and have been for the past 3 years. I absolutely love it and all the little kids. They are so adorable and it is so refreshing to hear them talk about Jesus and how he has brought them into this world for a reason. I am glad to hear them talk like this because sometimes it seems like parents in this world don't teach the word of the lord to their children anymore and it just breaks my heart.

Ok enough ranting from me for the night. I hope everyone has a wonderful day tomorrow and rejoices in the beautiful day that He is going to create for us! :-)

"A woman's heart should be so lost in God that a man must seek him in order to find her." -unknown

XOXO
Meghan

No comments:

Post a Comment